I'm in the computer security field and have been using C and Unix since before 1990. I have extensive development experience in C++ and Haskell. For C++, I hate boost, and so do everything either directly on the standard library or using my own templates. I write a lot of bash and emacs lisp, too, and at a previous stage of my career turned out a lot of perl (though I haven't used perl in years). I've dabbled in TeX and written some LaTeX classes used by others, but am far from an expert. I prefer the command line to all other interfaces, especially web browsers. I love git as much as I hate github. I try to write and use free software whenever possible, and have pretty much succeeded on the writing front but am sometimes forced into using proprietary systems (like the baseband on my phone).
Member for 1 year, 9 months
0 profile views
Last seen Aug 10 '18 at 16:48
Top network posts
- 21 How to resolve git submodule conflict if submodule is not initialized
- 21 gpg-agent refuses SSH keys with ssh-add reporting "agent refused operation"
- 16 Is there ever a good reason to run sudo su?
- 15 What should I consider when deleting an AUR package?
- 12 How can I improve my chance of getting a tenure-track position
- 12 Examine android (v30) selinux policy
- 11 Ugly artifacts with pgf-blur and beamer (and poppler)
- View more network posts →